MERCY MINISTRY FOOD PANTRY POLICY & PROCEDURES
Eastside Church of the Nazarene is reaching out to those in our nearby community who are facing a food emergency. In order to effectively help many families and individuals in need of food assistance, the Church Board has adopted the following policy and procedures.
1. People who are currently living in the 50316 or 50317 zip code areas may receive assistance
for emergency food. Food Pantry assistance is available on Tuesday and Thursday mornings only.
2. Assistance is BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. There will be NO WALK INS. You must call the church office, 265-6000, at 9:00 AM on Food Pantry days to make an appointment. Calls received for the Food Pantry on the answering machine will not be returned.
3. We are able to assist a limited number of families each Tuesday or Thursday. If our appointments fill up, you may be asked to call back on the next Food Pantry day. All appointments are made on a first call, first served basis.
4. Some personal information will be requested during the phone call. Food boxes will be prepared according to the information given. Each box will contain a variety of food items to cover meals for approximately 3-4 days. Some non-food items may be available as we have the opportunity to purchase them.
5. Please limit your requests for assistance to once every 90 days (3 months). The congregation of this church provides the funding for the food and wants to serve those who have a need. The Food Pantry cannot be used as a regular food source.
6. When you arrive for your appointment we will require you to have with you a photo ID of yourself and a proof of residence (your recent utility bill or other business mail with your name and address). Identification of the members of your household should also be provided.
This Eastside Church of the Nazarene Website Is A Memorial To Joeseph Phillip Duteau.